Why am I seeing an error that the eSellerate engine could not be installed?
The eSellerate engine is a software component that enables the internal purchase process and activation of serial numbers within our applications. There are several reasons why the 'eSellerate engine could not be installed' error message may be shown. Please try the suggestions below (in this order) and contact us if the issue persists.
1. Confirm that the downloaded application .zip file is being unzipped with Archive Utility and not Stuffit Expander. eSellerate have informed us that Stuffit Expander may causes problems with engine installation.
- Locate the downloaded .zip file, select it and choose File > Get Info.
- Check which application is set in the "Open with" section and if Stuffit Expander is selected then change to Archive Utility (If 'Archive Utility' does not appear in the list of available applications then choose 'Other' at the bottom of the list and manually locate the file at /System/Library/CoreServices/Archive Utility)
- Unzip the file again.
2. Download and run the esellerate updater application:
3. Repair permissions on your startup disk using Disk Utility.
- Launch Disk Utility which can be found in the /Applications/Utilities folder.
- In the list of mounted disks on the left, select your startup disk.
- Select the First Aid tab, then click Repair Disk Permissions. Disk Utility will reset any files and folders with incorrect settings.